Monday 28 January 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!  My name is Mike Vander Ploeg, and I have signed up for the 2013 Sea to Sea Bike Tour.  It is a two month bike tour across North America to raise awareness and money to help those living in poverty around the world.  The tour begins on June 21, 2013 in Los Angeles, California, and finishes two months and over 6000 km later in New York City, passing through Ontario and Quebec along the way.  You can find more information at http://www.seatosea.org/

I created this blog to provide information to my sponsors (and potential sponsors) about the details of the tour, why I'm doing it, and how I'm preparing for it.  I need to raise $10000, so I'm looking for a lot of people to pitch in and help me reach this goal.  Please visit my donation page to sponsor me.

For the name of my blog I have to give credit to my brother-in-law (or blame if you don't like the name).  It describes the how, the where, and the when of what I'm doing, and I've already briefly described the who and the why.  I'll describe these in more detail in future posts.

Thanks for visiting and don't forget to sponsor me!

No comments:

Post a Comment