Tuesday 6 August 2013

Day 42

Sunday - I spent most of the weekend at a friend's house who lives near Grand Rapids.  We had a great time of intellectual conversion, beer drinking, and watching G rated movies with his kids.  It was nice change to be able to take a hot, private shower and to not be greeted by a line of naked men waiting to use the stall when I finished.  He let me use his washer and dryer and I feel like my clothes are really clean for the first time on this tour.

A celebration service was held in the Van Noord Arena at Calvin College.  We cyclists came in with our bikes and walked around the upper level of the arena.  We then left our bikes against the railing and joined the congregation on the lower level for a service of praise to God.  The pictures I took didn't turn out, but you I'm sure there will be lots of pictures of the service on the Sea to Sea website.

No comments:

Post a Comment