Wednesday 17 July 2013

Day 23

Tuesday - We had much nicer weather today, but it was a hard ride.  The first half was spent on the interstate, dodging tire debris and fixing flats.  The second half was spent climbing and descending one hill after another -- up and down, up and down, up and down.  On top of that, we had to fight a strong, gusting cross wind the whole way.  The wind made our descents feel like level ground, level ground like climbs, and climbs felt twice as high.  The Sea to Sea website says we only climbed 1251 feet today, but I'm sure we must have done twice that.  I don't think all those hills were incorporated into that number properly.  According to some of the riders who rode in 2008, these kinds of rides will be the norm for the next few weeks.  I already miss the mountains.

Not a mountain anywhere in sight:


Today's route.
Distance: 125.5 km
Elevation: ??

My computer wasn't working this morning, so I don't know my average speed (and I don't think I want to).

No comments:

Post a Comment